Wednesday, May 25, 2005

wat een dag...

Weet je wat mensen...
The weather was so good today, warm but not too, sunny but not too, bit cloudy but not too..
On the occasion of VU lustrum 125 year, they celebrate it by having a parade at the binnenterrein. It started around 4 till 10.30 I guess.
The opening act by the Sheer was awesome. The Sheer, it's a Dutch band but thank God not Direct-y if you know what I mean... Gelukkig man!!
They did rock and we rocked as well, at least the first 3 rows and the rest of the audience just stood there as if their feet got nailed to the pavement... Jeetje mina, die Nederlanders begrijpen gewoon niet wat lol betekent...
But hey, Nat and I had a good time. That's the only thing that count. It felt so good after dancing and jumping like crazy. It's exactly what I needed and still want some more.
You know, jumping with your hand in the air, screaming as if everybody is deaf, making some crazy movement... Man, I think I'm addicted to concert, especially the free ones. hahaha..
Following that, the others went to see Gegen die Wand, a German-Turkish movie. I wasn't in the mood for movie so I just stayed outside and saw the VU koor performed.
Was quite nice, performing some songs from Cats, Jesus Christ Superstar, and my fave Les Miserables. Geez, I really want to see the original musical. Saw a part of it in TV some time ago en was meteen verliefd. Apa sih istilahnya.. oya hoteldebotel... hahahaha...
So far so good for me.. and to make the story short, we actually went to see the final act of the day from a Dutch band called Rowwen Heze.
I was all excited coz the recentie about them was quite nice, so it's not my fault rite if I expect sth good from them after all those great performances.
So there we were, Nins Pras and I, rite in front of the podium, looking quite excited at hearing the start of the guitar which sounds really promising.
And after a few beats.. jreng jreng jreng.. the white screen opened and WTF they started playing some country-sounded music, which is ok at the 1st place.
BUTTTTT. it went to the wrong direction... the music suddenly sounded so..... I don't know what the exact word for this, I'll try anyway..
It sounded so BOEREN and DUTCH and LIMBURG and .... jesus christ.. suddenly I felt so dumb and deep inside me, my musical appreciation is hurt and somehow I felt humiliated and degraded..
I know.. I know... as usual I exaggerated.. but that was basically really the feeling that I got. You'll know what I mean if you hear it yourself.. Check their website, probably they have some free tracks to download http://www.rowwenheze.nl/ (sorry dont wanna check it out myself, I'm still recovering from the shock)
Anyway, trying to be positive and lying to myself by keep saying 'Ina, come on, this is the chance to broaden your horizon and really get to know the Dutch culture', I stayed there with Nins.
How bout Pras? hahahaha.. she ran away which I think was a wise decision of hers.
Maar toch, hoe positief ik probeer te blijven... de music is gewoon niet voor mijn oren ( en niet voor de gezondheid)!!!!!!!!!

So peeps... I think I won't go to another Limburgse band concert, at least not in a near future.
The thing that really annoys me is why the Limburgse band?????? We are not somewhere in Limburg for GOD sake.. we're in Amsterdam.. so why not hiring Acda & de Munnik which is much much much much much much much much much better and more civilized and not BOEREN at all.... GEEZZZ..

Phew.. I think I got too emotional now. Anyway, after all it was a great day and can't wait for tomorrow's and Friday's concerts... Intwine and Tasha's world man!!!! Hopefully there won't be any "bad radiation" from any bad bands

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home