Tuesday, April 19, 2005

nobody knows

This is the title of the Japanese movie that I just saw the other day.
It was on Friday night when we (the usual crowds Prasma, Nina, Nat, and Dimas) so compulsively decided to go to see this movie.
Started by Nat's shouting at us saying "Guys, I want to see this japanese movie Nobody knows.. It's supposed to be great", I checked up where and when this movie is played.
It turned out that we're only 1 hour away from the late voorstelling (show). So in a splits second we all decided --> OK, get your jacket and let's go.

In the theater (it's at Cinerama FYI, in case you're interested), I saw quite a lot of Japanese faces.. Hmm, this movie sounds promising, doesn't it? I always think that when there're lots of foreigners gather for something from their own cultures, it must be good.. You know what I mean right??

AND... the movie was superb..
It was great
it was touching
it was heart breaking
and it makes me think.. hard

To tell you first, the movie is based on true story.
The story starts with the house moving of a mother, Keiko, and his son Akira to a new apartment. It all seems normal at the first place but then as the movers are all gone and both the mother and son starts unpacking, you'll start feeling that there is something wrong here.
The suitcases that should have contained all their belongings turn out to be occupied by Akira's 2 younger brother and sister, Shigeru and Yuki.
And not long afterwards, Akira's another younger sister, Kyoko is also introduced in the movie.
They're all happy and content, with Akira as a responsible boy in the family and Kyoko who takes care of the household.
But then all of a sudden, Keiko leaves and only left her children with money enough for a month living.

I don't want to spoil too much here, as you might want to see the film. The heart of the story lies on how the children try to survive without their mother and still think positively about life.
I am not good at words and that's why I can't express how I feel about this movie. If only I have the mind of a poet so that I can express this feeling.
But ya.. the film is sooooo my kind of film and that's why I might be a bit bias about it. Nevertheless, it won at Cannes though (for best actor Yuya Yagira act's for Akira. And he's just turned up 15 this march!!!!)
Geez.... you really should see this movie.. Een echte aanrader.......

Ok, switch subject but with the same title.
Do you ever feel that lots of people know you but they don't really know you?
Not even you yourself know the real you.
Do you? Do you?

The other night I was thinking and recapitulating a piece of my childhood and youth history.
I began to think about myself when I was in high school with all the dramas and stories.
And then suddenly I was there...
I was at the schoolyard.. wearing my white shirt and red skirt...
Laughing and running and sweating
Watching other kids playing and crying
I was back at elementary school.. when I was only 9 yeard old
Dunno what this is.. I couldn't say it was deja-vu
Because it was all in my mind but I feel like I was really there
Feeling happy.. Pure happiness and no any other things

I thought.. this isn't me
I thought...this was me
I thought...would this be me?

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

well ina....its never too late buat explore ur arty side hehehe...
but u right, ik ben het met je eens ( iki bener tah ngomonge)..
i dont really know my self .
But you dont have to know your self to live and survive....just follow your heart ...sounds easy but not...keep strugling as I do hehehe...life can be a bitch sometimes..., well thats why i like to be in my sanctuary sometimes ..>>welcome to the L word >>.huahahhaaha

11:15 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home