Sunday, February 27, 2005

ik ben moe

mood: sleepy and lazy
background music: ray charles' Georgia on my mind

Thinking about the late Ray Charles, bring me to the film Ray. Saw it the other day on the special collaboration with Amsterdam Jazz orchestra and thanks to a friend who gave the ticket as a late b'day present.

It was such a great evening, inspite of the cold weather outside. The film was great but won't get my vote for the best movie though. What I enjoyed the most was the performance of the orchestra and the singer, Madeline something, forgot it.
She has absolutely fabulous voice which is great for the typical ray charles' melody.

They performed some of the most well known Ray's songs, like Hit the road jack, Mess around, and What'd I say, which was the closure for the evening. Trying to relive the act on the movie where Ray song What'd I say, Madeline asked everyone to sing along with her. And spontaneously everyone started to stand up and dance. It felt so good seeing all the people singing along and having such a good time.

Enough bout Ray, since I'm not really a fans of him, I think he was a hypersexual and a bit of a creep. But ya, that's only my impression from the movie.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home